- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur
- 3/4 ounce cream
- Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Stir well.
How to Make your own Coffee Liqueur
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 two-inch piece of vanilla bean
- 8 tablespoons quality instant coffee
- 750-milliliter bottle (a “fifth”) of rum (for a taste like Tia Maria) or vodka (for a taste like Kahlua)
- Combine the vanilla bean, sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Boil until the volume has been cut in half, or about 30 minutes.
- Add 8 tablespoons quality instant coffee and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a sealable glass jar or bottle, combine the simple syrup (sugar solution) and rum or vodka. Shake well and let sit in a cool, dark area for 10 days.
- After 10 days, strain the liqueur through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store in a sealed liquor bottle.
The other alternatives that you can choose are using your favorite vodka, check out our ThingsMenBuy.com best brands of vodka to help you decide.
Or if you decide that actually the taste of coffee with vodka is just not right, try one (or more!) of these vodka cocktails instead!