As you probably know, I’ve written quite a few posts on different cocktails. I got to thinking what my all-time favorites were and decided on a flaming lamborghini. So, what is a flaming lamborghini?
I was first introduced to it when I was travelling around New Zealand, I met some friends and went for some apres ski in Mount Hutt, NZ. A lot of the bars we went to did a flaming lamborghini and, of course, we tried one (well, actually several!)
What is a Flaming Lamborghini?
Here’s the Tipsy Bartender’s take on this wondrous drink:
It’s basically a cocktail that is set alight and it’s meant to be drunk in one, with a straw (so that you don’t burn your mouth!)
What Is A Flaming Lamborghini Recipe?
You need only four ingredients to make your show stopping flaming lamborghini.
1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 oz sambuca
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 oz Bailey’s® Irish cream
How To Make It:
- Pour the sambuca and kahlua into a cocktail glass.
- Pour the baileys and blue curacao into two separate shot glasses either side of the cocktail glass.
- Set light to the concoction in the cocktail glass and start to drink through a straw (this drink should be drunk in one).
- As the bottom of the glass is reached put out the fire by pouring the baileys and blue curacao into the cocktail glass and keep drinking till it’s all gone.
That’s all there is to it! The Tipsy Bartender’s instructions above are to make a tower of the cocktail, which you can Wow your guests with. Alternatively you can just use one cocktail glass and two shot glasses, like the recipe above.
Trip Advisor suggests you head to Iluze Bar in Prague to try a flaming lamborghini or Isa’s Bar in Turkey. Alternatively, you could head for Bangkok and visit The Myst Bar
What Is A Flaming Lamborghini Alternative?
There are a variety of flaming cocktails you can try, here’s a selection from The Matador Network’s Top Ten:
- Pumpkin Pie: 1/3 shot Kahlua,1/3 shot Bailey’s Irish Cream, 1/3 shot Tequila (white), 1 dash cinnamon
- Flaming Dr Pepper: 3/4 shot Amaretto,1/4 shot of 151 rum, 1/2 glass of beer
- Flaming B-52: 1/3 shot Kahlua, 1/3 shot Irish Cream, 1/3 shot Grand Marnier or Cointreau, A couple of drops of 151 rum
- Bailey’s Comet: 1 + 1/2 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream, 1+ 1/2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps, 3/4 oz Goldschlager, 1 tbsp 151 Rum, 1 dash Cinnamon
- Flaming Sambuca: 1 oz Black Sambuca, 3 Coffee Beans
Be careful though guys, flaming shots can obviously be dangerous AND they are mostly very alcoholic, so don’t expect to be able to walk a straight line on leaving the bar!
Flaming cocktails can be a great idea for a Bachelor Party, check out these ideas for great bachelor party venues: