What are the most common New Year’s resolutions for men? At New Year we look forwards and make all sorts of crazy resolutions which often last 24 hours or less.
Instead of jumping into a competition with the guys on how many resolutions you can make, take a little time to plan, think and write down what New Year’s resolutions might me be useful and achievable for you.
Top 4 Most Common New Year’s Resolutions For Men
#1. Get A Six Pack
Is your goal to get a six pack? There are hundreds of programs out there, many of which “guarantee” results. If you really want a six pack, your best chance of success is to commit to joining a gym, booking in with a personal trainer and following the regime they set up for you.
Any regime takes commitment, perseverance and motivation. The story of so many six pack wannabes is to join a gym or buy the latest program, follow it for 7 days and then never do it again.
Here’s a great video to help you:
#2. Land My Dream Job
Do you want a career change in the New Year?
These 10 questions from Monster.com can help you make a start, write the answers down and begin to build a picture of what you want your dream job to be like.
1. If anything were possible, what would I want to be different in my career?
2. What type of job would I want?
3. What would I want to be responsible for?
4. What type of boss/coworkers/team would I want?
5. What kind of hours would I want to work?
6. What type of company would I want work for?
7. What sort of culture would I want the company have?
8. What city would I want to live in?
9. What salary would I want to earn?
10. What would I want my approach to stress, my workload and deadlines be?
When you have created a vision of what you want your dream job to be, start networking and reaching out to people who might be able to help you and don’t be put off when people say “No”, just move on, it’s a numbers game.
#3. Lose Weight
Before you choose a diet, think about what will work the easiest for you:
- Do you want to lose weight alone or with a partner/support group?
- Do you stay more motivated when you tell everyone what you are doing?
- Is there a goal in mind, eg, are you losing weight for your wedding or to attract a partner?
- Do you want to lose weight and eat healthier at the same time?
Once you have answered these questions, it’s easier to find a diet that will fit in with your lifestyle and be a manageable part of your everyday routine. Combine exercise with your diet and you are likely to see even better results:
#4. Enjoy Sex More
Now we get onto the most common New Year’s resolution for men that can actually be loads of fun! This one can help you stay motivated for all of the other resolutions we’ve talked about.
Imagine … you lose weight, get a six pack, land a dream job that helps you de-stress and better sex can’t fail to happen! To make it even more enjoyable, how about learning some of the positions of the Kama Sutra and practising with your lady to discover your favorites?
What are you waiting for? Choose New Year’s resolutions that you can achieve and Go For It!