A Lemon Drop Martini is a vodka based martini which was invented during the 1970s in San Francisco.
A Lemon Drop Martini is easy to make as it only has 3 basic ingredients although it does lend itself to taking on extra flavors. You might want to experiment with different types of vodka to give your lemon drop an extra zing.
Let’s take a look at some of the best Lemon Drop Martini Recipes.
The Best Lemon Drop Martini Recipes
The guys in the above video use Grey Goose Vodka, it’s a matter of taste – I prefer Absolut Vodka myself. They are also so keen to try their cocktail that they neglect to add a fancy twist of lemon peel, shame on you guys!
For those of you who just want the recipe without having to watch the video, here it is:
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (aka sugar syrup)
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the lemon twist.
In the video, a teaspoon of sugar is used instead of simple syrup. Again, this is a matter of taste, if you are after a really smooth lemon drop martini, the syrup is easy to make and with just a little bit of extra effort you won’t get any grainy sugar texture in your drink. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 parts sugar
- 1 part water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar in the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, reduce the heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (the more sugar, the less simmering time).
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then bottle.
Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick once it cools.
My Best Lemon Drop Martini Recipe with a twist
I love this recipe, definitely my favorite lemon drop martini, so easy to drink far too many of them as they don’t taste alcoholic at all!
Here’s the recipe if you don’t want to watch the video:
RASPBERRY LEMON DROP MARTINI
2 oz. (60ml) Raspberry Vodka
2 oz. (60ml) Triple Sec
2 oz. (60ml) Lemon Juice
Splash of Simple Syrup
1. Rim edge of martini glass with simple syrup and sugar. Set aside.
2. Add raspberries and simple syrup to base of mixing glass. Muddle and add ice.
3. Add vodka, triple sec and lemon juice and shake well.
4.Strain mix into glass and garnish with lemon wheels and raspberries.
Enjoy responsibly! Lol, therein lies the challenge, they just taste so good and are very moreish! This is a perfect summer drink and you can have endless fun trying different varieties of vodka to create your own particular favorite!